A study through 1st and 2nd Peter – “Crazy World, Good God” – II Peter 2
- Can you think of any ways you have been impacted by false teachers?
- Can you think of things you have heard false teachers teach?
- Can you think of 3 negative consequences you have seen as a result of false teachers?
- Which type of false teacher do you find most common in our day:
- The Tickler – who says only what people want to hear and never what they don’t. (II Timothy 4:3)
- The Heretic – who denies key elements of God and the gospel. (II Peter 2:1)
- The False Prophet – who brings “new fresh revelation”. (Colossians 2:18)
- The Charlatan – who is only in it for an easy road to comfort and wealth (I Timothy 6:3-10)
- The Divider – who pits member against member and member against leader (Jude 18-19)
- The Spiritual Warfare Guy – who rebukes and commands demonic beings (Jude 8-10, II Peter 2:10-11)
- Can ordinary Christians be false teachers? If so, how?
“One A Week”
Share the gospel with one person each week!
Continue reading through the Bible!