“Thanksgiving and Praise” – Deacon Brandon Dempsey
- In what ways can we be thankful when Jesus tells us to pick up our cross and follow after him? How is the notion of willfully following after Jesus, when He promises that it will not be easy, foolish to an unbelieving world?
- When Paul says he is content with many negative things for Christ sake, how would that look in our lives? What does it mean to be strong in our weakness? (2 Corinthians 12:10)
- In what ways do we see our culture living out the truth Paul proclaimed in Romans 1:21?
- How can we live out the command we have been given to “Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; Make his deeds known among the peoples”? (1 Chronicles 16:8)
- Paul tells us to be devoted to Prayer, watchful and thankful, do you think there are times in your own life where you might have missed the things God was doing because your focus was elsewhere? Describe those times.
“One A Week”
Share the gospel with at least one person this week!
Continue reading through the Bible! Pick a chapter from the Book of Psalms and memorize it this summer!