- Why did Paul and Barnabas give up their rights to marriage and making a living through the gospel? (9:5-6,12) What application does this have for us?
- Catholics use these verses to require Clerical celibacy and Mormons use these verses to mandate no paid clergy. (9:1-16) What is wrong with those interpretations?
- Paul made real sacrifice to contextualize the gospel and bring the gospel into people’s lives. (9:19-23) Give some examples of ways we can contextualize the gospel today.
- Paul says your life is a race to be lived with passion and enthusiasm in the spread of the gospel. Is that how most Christians live their lives? Why or why not?
- How did Paul discipline himself so as not to follow his fleshly impulses that would have prevented him from fulfilling his mission? (9:27)
Again, reach out to two people each day this week offering encouragement and prayer!
Come up with a way to get the gospel to someone this week. Share how you got the gospel out with your small group!