- How could all these people enjoy all the blessing of being God’s people while most of them continued to have an evil heart that kept loving evil and doing evil? (I Corinthians 10:1-5) How would that look if it were still going on today?
- What do you think of God’s handling of His people? (10:5-11) Does this fit with how you perceive God working?
- How does God’s handling of His people in 10:5-11 fit with passages like; Romans 8:1, Galatians 6:7-9, and I Corinthians 11:27-30?
- Which of the sins of these Old testament saints do you feel is the biggest problem for God’s people today? [loving food, drink, and entertainment (10:7); loving immorality (10:8); trying God (10:9); or grumbling (10:10)]? Give an example of why you think that.
- God is working in our daily lives so we can avoid idolatry according to I Corinthians 10:13-14. Can you give any examples you have seen of God’s people avoiding idolatry?
Do something kind for someone at Providence this week!
Come up with a way to share the gospel with at least one person this week!