“Growing in Wisdom” – A topical study on Wisdom – Elder Brian Rohe
Ephesians 5:15-16 – Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of time, because the days are evil.
- Why might self-control be repeated so often in Titus 2:2-6? In what ways is self-control critical to growing in wisdom? (Proverbs 25:8, 2 Peter 1: 5-10).
- How can someone “choose” the fear of the Lord? (Proverbs 1:23-31)
- We seek/pursue what we value. (Proverbs 8:17) What are some ways wisdom can be pursued/found? (Proverbs 1:2, 1:20, 15:22, James 1:5, Psalms 19:7)
- God gives so many examples for our benefit. (Proverbs 6:7, 30:27, 1 Corinthians 9:24, Ephesians 4:1, 2 Timothy 2:3-4) Ant, locust, soldier, servant, slave, athlete. Do you notice a theme? What is something we can learn from the ant?
- Do you have areas you are actively pursuing growing in wisdom? How will you know if you are succeeding? Have you told anyone or asked for help?
“One A Week”
Share the gospel with at least one person this week!
Continue reading through the Bible! Pick a chapter from the Book of Psalms and memorize it this summer!