- When you think of Christian marriages, is your experience that they are generally good, happy, and God honoring? Or, has your experience been that they are mainly troubled, frustrating, and far from God’s desire, like the Corinthians?
- Why does Paul say “but what matters is the keeping of the commandments”, instead of saying what matters is that you have faith? (7:19)
- When he says that those who get married will have troubles, what troubles do you think he meant? (7:28) Do most people getting married believe this?
- What does it mean to handle everything in your life as though it were passing away? What does that look like? (7:29-31)
- What do you think a life of “undistracted devotion to the Lord” would look like in our high paced frantic society? (7:35) Do you think that is easier single, or married?
Continue praying for and reaching out to the 2-3 people you have been reaching out to this year. Work to share the gospel with them this month.
Fight Verse Challenge
Finish memorizing Proverbs Chapter 1!