- How was Jonah’s affliction and difficulty the result of his own choices? Are you in any difficulty right now because of your choices?
- Describe how desperate Jonah must have felt in the sea? (2:5-6) Have you ever felt that desperate?
- How does Jonah describe his repentance? (2:7-9)
- How could Jonah begin worshiping and giving thanks to God before God ever delivered him? (2:9-10) Should we give thanks and worship before we should expect deliverance?
- Is it true that while we are still fretting and worrying, we are not really praying in faith but rather complaining to God? Do you think appropriate prayers begin with turning over our cares to God like Jonah did? (2:9-10; I Peter 5:7) Why or why not?
Witness to at least one person a day!
Fight Verse – Isaiah 45:7
“Those who regard vain idols forsake their faithfulness, but I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving.” (Jonah 2:8-9a)